top of page

There are numerous historic structures in the downtown Stevensville area.

  • Cray House( c. 1809)- Located on Cockey Lane, this gambrel roofed, wooden house is on the National Register of Historic Places.

  • Historic Christ Church( c. 1880)- Originally home to the oldest continuous Christian congregation in Maryland, the Queen Anne style church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

  • Stevensville Train Depot (c. 1902) and Caboose( c. 1929)- This was the original station house at Stevensville when the stop became part of the Queen Anne’s railroad system. The structure has been restored and relocated from north of town to Cockey Lane.

  • Old Stevensville Post Office (c. 1877)- A late 19th century structure situated gable end to Love Point Road on a very narrow lot, this small building served for many years as the Stevensville Post Office. Currently it serves as the headquarters and gift shop for the Kent Island Heritage Society ( .

  • Stevensville Bank Building (c. 1903)- This structure is not only the oldest bank building on Kent Island, but also one of the earliest surviving in the county. The classical architectural details helped to place it on the National Register of Historic Places.

     All Historic Sites (in Historic Stevensville and throughout Queen Anne's County) are open to tour the first Saturday of each month fro April thru November.  For site details and times contact

bottom of page